I love the beginnings of a new year. It’s one thing I always loved about the cyclical nature of teaching. Each August brought a new class, new personalities, new challenges, new potentials, and new adventures. It’s the same thing with a beginning of a new year. A chance to brush off the trials, hurts, betrayals, and disappointments of the prior year and look forward to the ability to write a new story for yourself. Earlier this week, Parker and I sat down and created some 2017 New Year’s Resolutions for our marriage but also personal ones for ourselves. When it comes to my personal goals, I really try to focus on all areas of my life: faith, health, work, friendship, and now blogging. I’m hopefuly that by sharing them with you, it will force me to actually stick to them (since I am a people pleaser after all). So without further adieu…
2017 New Year’s Resolutions
1. Work out at least 4 times a week. When it comes to resolutions, I’m all about setting goals but keeping it realistic at the same time. For me, working out at the gym 4x a week is probably unrealistic, so that could even include going on a walk around the neighborhood or a bike ride with my hubby. I will say, over the last two weeks, I have been really good about working out between the hours of 9-11 A.M. Apparently watching Kathy Lee and Hoda on the treadmill is my JAM.
2. Have a quiet time 4 times a week. I just started the 28 day study of Proverbs with She Reads Truth and it has been so good for me. This last year has been a trying time for me personally, so diving into the straightforward, blunt Proverbial truths is just what this hard-headed gal needs.
3. Eat less candy. Ya’ll, you may be laughing at this, but it’s a real problem.
4. Get involved in a women’s Bible Study. I have already signed up and will be participating in the Watermark Women’s Bible Study on Acts on Wednesday mornings. Luckily, I have a couple of girlfriends who are doing it too so they can hold me accountable!
5. Put my phone on “sleep” mode by 9 P.M. every night. Before I even started blogging, this was an issue. And as much as I hate to admit it, I do not multi-task well when my phone is involved (and the phone always wins). This is probably Parker’s greatest frustration with me, so this is one of my #wifegoals for myself this year.
6. Post twice a week on the blog consistently. I really should be doing more than 2, but again, my philosophy on resolutions is keeping them realistic. So for now, 2 it is.
7. Learn the basics of photography so I can shoot some of my own content. Because my goal is to add more lifestyle verticals to my blog (home decor, recipes, “housewife” product reviews, etc.) I need to be able to snap great pictures on my own time. Any advice would be much appreciated!
8. Create a community of “blogger” friends. Besties- I’m in NO way trying to replace you. I just need some gals to bounce ideas off and challenge me in this new adventure – something that would BORE YOU TO DEATH. I’m EXPANDING, not REPLACING.
Like I said earlier, Parker and I sat down and made some 2017 New Year’s Resolutions (really they are more of goals) for us as a married couple. I will be sharing those on the blog soon – so keep checking back!
What are YOUR New Year’s Resolutions? And any tips for helping me stay on track with mine?! Comment below!
Photography by Teri Lynam