One of the biggest trend this fall is the mock turtle neck- which is a great compromise for my husband and me. I LOVE a good turtleneck and my husband can’t stand them- total grandma status in his mind. So we’re going to meet in the middle with this grey backless sweater. I mean, who hates backless?!
Shop the Outfit:
If you have been following my blog for the last few months, you know one of my favorite brands that I’ve gotten the chance to collaborate with is Chicwish! I love that I can justify a few trendy pieces without breaking the bank – like this red OTS top and this lace up sweater.
On another note, I’m starting a new series that I’ll update from time to time to help you get to know me. To share what’s new, with you know, ME. So here’s 10 things you may not know about yours truly.
- I have a really high sugar tolerance. Like ask my husband- it’s strange. I can feel sick or have a stomach ache and eating candy actually makes me feel better (and not just emotionally).
- My biggest pet peeve is crumbs. Can’t stand them. I think it stems from childhood- riding around in suburbans and crumbs would just line the crevices of the seats. That’s why breakfast in bed is my version of a nightmare.
- I have watched Grey’s Anatomy all the way through twice, and am currently working my way through it a 3rd time. I’m so obsessed with it that I literally quoted Meredith Grey in my maid-of-honor speech at my best friend’s wedding.
- I would classify myself as the most extroverted introvert. I definitely recharge by having “me” time. But I also love to be around people, and if I spend too much time alone, my thoughts sometimes go to a dark and twisty place. People keep me light-hearted and happy.
- I hate road trips. I hate being in the car for more than 3 hours. I’m literally the person who will fly and meet everyone at the final destination. There’s not enough FOMO in the world that would make me choose to be in the car over a plane.
- I take a bubble bath at least 3-4 times a week. I am not a good sleeper, and it doesn’t help that I’m a super anxious person by nature. It’s the best way I can unwind and relax my mind before trying to go to sleep.
- I will always stop and pick up a lost dog on the street, no matter when or where. Ever since I was a child, my mom always stopped and picked up every stray to try to find its owner. Pretty sure that’s why I’m basically an animal rights activist haha.
- I have never read Harry Potter (or seen a movie for that matter). I’m sure you think it’s a crime, especially given the fact that I’m a former English teacher. But I have zero interest, and not for religious reasons. Just never cared to.
- If I could change anything about myself, I would force myself to love running. I’ve told myself for the last two years that I’m going to train for a half marathon. Yes, you can laugh. I am.
- I am an avid thank you note writer. I completely acknowledge that they get read and thrown in the trash, but I think there is no better way to show your love and appreciation for someone through written word. One of my greatest accomplishments in life is the fact that I had written and mailed all of my wedding thank you notes within a month of my wedding date.
Thanks for following along – please take a second and subscribe here!