Hi, I’m Erin. I’m a dog-aholic. (You respond, “Hi Erin”.) I know that you probably think this is funny, but it’s a serious condition. Like so serious, that when my husband and I were discussing some talking points as to whether or not we were ready to start a family, he told me his biggest concern stemmed from the dogs. As in, I am so obsessed with my two fur babies that he’s scared to know the oceans of my love for a real, HUMAN baby.
So yes, I’m a certifiable crazy-dog mom. But the thing is, a lot of people categorize themselves as a “crazy dog-mom”, and in reality, they’re just a normal dog-mom. So what’s the litmus test of crazy dog-mom status you ask?
5 Reasons Why I Know I’m a Crazy-Dog Mom:
- Mischa, the full-bred Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, has allergies. And the prescription dog food we buy her costs $80 a bag. And she eats 4 bowls a day… You do the math.
- Macy, our street-pup, doesn’t like to eat alone. In order for her to eat her food, you have to sit right next to her bowl. And I do it every morning and night. (Parker does too, he’s just not going to admit it to the mass pop. Oh, shoot. My bad.)
- You create songs about your dogs to the tunes of Trey Songz and Beyonce, and proceed to serenade them as you put them in/out of their kennels.
- I took my dogs to a new boarding facility when we went away for the weekend. It reeked of urine, and it required two grown men to drag both girls through the door. I cried the whole way home.
- I spent $1300+ on tests and x-rays for the vet to finally diagnose Mischa with gas. As in, she just needed to get out a good fart.
Trust me, I know what you’re thinking: How in the world does this chick have any friends, let alone, a husband? Your questions are completely valid; I constantly ask myself the same thing. But for those of you who are “Amen-ing!” numbers 1-5 as we speak, welcome to the club. And for those of you who are “oh my God-ding this girl needs to be fit for her straight jacket“, then congratulations- you’re officially normal.
And of course, any crazy dog-mom knows that you gotta’ let your crazy show a little bit! These tanks from Sweet Pea and Tulip Boutique are a must-have for anyone who claims to be a dog-lover. And I just can’t get enough of these fashionista dog collars for my #BloggerPuppies from Dixie Goods Company. So pour the vino and begin celebrating #NationalDogDay because let’s be honest, there are few things better in life than drinking wine and petting your pooches.
P.S. I mean, aren’t my pups the cutest EVER? Like they should be models. Oh wait…
Photography by Mary Summers Photography