I’ve decided that each Friday, I’m going to channel my inner Julie Andrews and post a few of my favorite things (note I did not say SING… you’re welcome) in the form of a cutesy inspiration board. Topics will range anywhere from beauty to fashion to lifestyle to home decor to travel. The possibilities are endless, really. And I guess the English teacher in me couldn’t pass up an opportunity to capitalize on the slam dunk of an alliteration. #nerdalert
So this week, I thought it would only be appropriate to post my favorite picks from the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale! This is the time of year my husband Parker dreads every year because I’m a believer in the philosophy of “I bought it on sale, which means I’m actually saving money”. Basically, I’m every retailers dream shopper. (Ignore the fact that I
probably always buy way more items when they are “on sale” than I would if they were full price, ultimately costing us more money in the end. I never said I was every husband’s dream shopper.)
So without further ado, let me breakdown this weeks Fun-Sized Friday Faves:
1. Tory Burch Sunglasses // Tory Burch for under $150? Enough said.
2. Halogen Leather Clutch // Personally, I always have a hard time pulling the trigger when it comes to buying clutches because they aren’t apart of my everyday wardrobe. I need a full blown Mary Poppin’s survival kit. So when I found this cute printed clutch for under 50 bucks, I had “favorite” it.
3. Levtex ‘Talk Nerdy to Me’ Pillow // This pillow is everything!! It totally warms my geeky, obsessed with office supply shopping and color coding my planner, O.C.D English teacher self. It could also be the perfect last minute teacher gift you’ve been stressing over?
4. Lancome Fade Resistant Nail Polish // If you read my previous blog post about my epic pedicure fail, you will know why I’m now a believer in BYOP (Bring Your Own Polish). It’s inevitable your nail will chip within 24 hours (if you’re me, 3 hours) of leaving the salon, so you might as well be able to touch it up!
5. Bauble Bar ‘Angelic’ Drop Earrings // Confession: I’m not a jewelry girl. I have really come a long way in the last two years. And if I’m going to wear statement earrings, they are probably going to be studs. (And a little beauty tidbit for ya: I always put a little Neosporin on the backings before wearing them. I have sensitive ears, and it helps prevent them from getting irritated!).
6. Onzie Print Leggings // And since we’ve just purchased our neutral tennies, we totally need a pair of printed workout pants (and just because you wear yoga pants doesn’t mean you have to work out). And they are UNDER $40!!! You can’t beat that.
7. BCBGeneration ‘Clue’ Sandal // I love this color and really want to be able to wear it, but it just doesn’t go with my skin color (unless I could afford a weekly spray tan). So when I saw it in a shoe, I was in L.O.V.E. But of course, I’m always a sucker for black… (good thing they are on sale!)
8. Nike Running Shoes // I wear running shoes all the time. Not because I’m running all the time (or ever), but looking the part is half the battle. Grey goes with anything Lululemon, and I can’t resist a girl pop of pink!
9. French Connection ‘Holiday’ Dress // And if you have been following my blog, you know wedding season is in full swing (or baby shower season if your friends all got married at 24 like mine). I love this dress because it’s feminine, classic, and perfect for a variety of occasions.
Comment below and let me know some of YOUR Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale faves! And of course, shout out to my mama for her Photoshop skillz 😉